LFCIA SoCal Home Training Program
During these challenging times, LFC wants to keep our players active and engaged while they are away from their teams. LFC IA has created many activities to keep athletes engaged, active, and challenged. These are based on the Long-Term Player Development attributes that LFC uses within their academy of Tactical, Technical, Social, Physical, and Mental as a guide to developing player and person. Parents, the curriculum provided will help your child stay in shape physically and mentally. The learning objectives of LFC are the four-corner model that includes Watch, Analyze, Practice, and Challenge. This allows the player to move through the programs in a way that replicates the training programs set forth by LFC and encourages an organized mindset. These age-appropriate programs include homework tasks focused on player role models, technical tasks, increasing physical conditioning tasks and tactical workshops for older players. LFC wants to create an interactive and challenging experience for the players and their coach.
The LFCIA SoCal is committed to their players by providing an online practice initiative that will keep our players, coaches, and soccer families connected.
We repeat that during this current time our coaches can positively affect our players by driving the LFC ITP’s and encouraging players to commit to them while maintaining a positive mindset surrounding the return to training. Players will be able to participate in online meetings with their coaches. This will allow coaches to discuss and direct the ITP’s, set and manage competitive tasks, and discuss technical content and drive tactical discussions. These discussions can build the basis of future team-building, class-based discussions. We would love to have all teams in classrooms with the coaches, so the next best thing is using an online platform to provide coaches with an excellent opportunity to positively impact players in a meaningful way.
You will be contacted by your coach very soon on this program.
- Athletes will watch official LFC videos to inspire them and they will learn techniques from the top players.
- They will watch Men’s, Women’s, and Academy videos of interviews, match highlights, challenges, goals, and how-to episodes designed to improve their soccer IQ.
- Athletes will have an opportunity to analyze top LFCIA players using the player development model
- Athletes will be tasked to use our player development model to rate players on technical ability, tactical ability, physicality, mental ability, and social or chemistry.
- Athletes will be able to practice individual skills and ball manipulation using how-to practices videos.
- The videos will allow players to watch, practice, and master different skills.
- Interim fitness and injury prevention programs which will include running drills, lower and upper body strength sessions that are designed to help maintain players fitness while unable to train fully. This will help reduce the risk of injury when they return to play.
- We have created 20 short athletic development videos for your children to watch and repeat.
- Encourages competition within each team/age group
- Send videos of your child or children completing the challenge wearing the LFC kit
- Athletes will receive certificates for successfully completing challenges