Junior Reds Development League
Boys & Girls ages 5-13
Junior Reds is designed as a fun instruction-based soccer league for 5 to 13 year old boys and girls. Our program combines learning in a fun and positive environment, and the excitement of league play through small-sided games.
Each well-thought-out session is designed to introduce young players to fundamental, age appropriate soccer techniques through fun games, and then put these newly learned skills immediately to use by playing small-sided games. The program operates under the simple philosophy that kids learn by playing. Thus, everyone plays virtually 100% of the time, in both practice and games -no lines, short explanations and lots of touches on the ball.
All our volunteer coaches have been subjected to and passed background checks through live scan, will have received a coaching license from Cal South and are part of our ongoing coach development and training program which is overseen by professional trainers from LFCIA SoCal.
Junior Reds is the foundation from which to progress to the Liverpool FC International Academy, (LFCIA SoCal) and serves over 2500 recreational players throughout Southern California.
We are dedicated to providing a fun, safe and developmentally appropriate community based soccer program. It is our mission to deliver a program where players have the opportunity to improve, technically, whilst having fun, building a love of the game and progress within our player pathway as appropriate to them.
We value the role of volunteers within the community and have an extensive coach support program, supplemented by professionally accredited Liverpool FC International Academy trainers delivering skills training and games with paid referees to enable coaches to focus on the child, the game and your child’s soccer experience.
Play with Friends
We make every effort to support friend and coach requests to help maximize a child’s soccer experience.
In addition to practices we have the PRO SKILLS program to supplement our volunteer coaches.
This is an age appropriate and developmental skills development program, delivered by professionally accredited Liverpool FC International Academy coaches and is offered Monday through Thursday during the season. It is designed to help players improve outside of their regular team training sessions.
Players can attend as many sessions as they’d like.
This program is included as part of the registration fee for all of our Junior Reds players.
Pro Skills training will held from September 7th to October 29th.
Pro Skills Schedule:
Held Monday through Thursday (Field TBD)
4:30-5:30pm (2014-2015 birthdates)
5:30-6:30pm (2011-2013 birthdates)
6:30-7:30pm (2007-2010 birthdates)
Held Mondays at Cedar Grove Park in Tustin
4:30-5:15pm (2014-2015 birthdates)
5:15-6:00pm (2011-2013 birthdates)
6:00-6:45pm (2007-2010 birthdates)
Goalkeeper Training Held Wednesdays (Field TBD)
4:30-5:30pm (2011-2014 birthdates)
5:30-6:30pm (2007-2010 birthdates)
Players are free to attend as many sessions as they’d like throughout the season, however, they must signup prior to attending each night. The Pro Skills signup link will be emailed out weekly to all registered Junior Reds players.
“This program, is AMAZING! My children used to kick the ball and chase but after attending sessions my kids are controlling the ball, dribbling, moving and passing. They are having more fun than ever.”Gretchen Estrada
Games & Practices
Practices take place once per week Monday through Thursday at either 4:45-6pm or 6-7:15pm. Team practice times are determined by the parent volunteer coach and their availability/preference. Practice schedule requests are NOT ACCEPTED and are only guaranteed for the team’s head coach. Please adjust your schedule accordingly with the coach/assigned team. Players are expected to bring a soccer ball, shinguards and water bottle to every practice.
Games will be played once a week every Saturday with kickoffs ranging between 8am and 5pm. The season will conclude with our end of season tournament where each team will play two games with each player receiving a trophy and team picture.
$249 (Plus annual membership)
• 10 weeks of practice 10 small sided games.
• 1 session per week with volunteer coach
• Pro Skills sessions with LFCIA SoCal accredited coaches
• Coach mentoring sessions with professional LFCIA SoCal trainers
• Professional season long curriculum
• Balanced bracketing –equal ability teams can play against each other
• Nike uniform for players
• Paid referees –no volunteer requirement
• End of season trophies
• Play with friends!
Spring 2021 Key Dates
- Coach Training – Date TBD
- Parent Meeting – Date TBD
- Practices begin – March 15th
- Games begin – March 27th
- Pro Skills training begins – March 29th
- End of Season tournament – May 22nd
Frequently Asked Questions
Coach Training – Feb 15th
Parent meeting – Feb 21st
Practices Begin – March 9th
Games begin – March 21st
Pro Skills training begins – September
End of season tournament – May 16th
Who will be coaching our team?
Junior Reds is a volunteer coach led program, supported by our professional trainers. We need 1 coach for every team…..and provide extensive professional support to our volunteer coaches.
Who receives Pro Skills training?
Pro Skills training is for all our recreational U6 – U14 players
These professional skills training sessions are included, optional and additional to the regular team practice.
Can we play with friends?
Yes, we provide the option at registration to select a friend to play with. Friend requests should be mutual.
How can I find out how to become a coach?
Go to select your program, and click on “Coaches Corner”.
Can I volunteer for other positions?
Yes, absolutely. Please email Albert Moushabek firstname.lastname@example.org
When are practices held?
1 time per week (usually, either 4:45pm – 6:00pm or 6:00pm – 7:15pm, depending on coach)
When/where are the games held?
Games will be played on Saturdays. Locations are TBD depending on field allocations from the City in which we run the league.
Do we get a new uniform?
Every player will receive a new Junior Reds Nike Uniform (x2 jerseys, shorts and socks) for the year – the same uniform used in the Fall and Spring of the CalSouth calendar year.
What else do we need to play?
Children must wear shinguards and should wear comfortable shoes. Proper soccer shoes (not baseball cleats) are recommended & children should bring water and a soccer ball.
Must we attend the pre season registration event?
Yes. It is a requirement for us as an organization within CalSouth to share relevant information. You can also collect your childs registration “swag” bag and learn about the upcoming season. The date will be communicated once a location and venue is confirmed.
I haven’t heard from my coach?
If you haven’t heard from your coach 1 week before the first game of the season, please contact your league director at email@example.com
How can we register?
All players should register for the program in which they currently reside. Any players requesting to play in a city other than the city in which they live may be placed on a wait list and accepted/rejected based on availability.
There are several ways to access field condition information. Please use one of the following methods:
- Text/Email: Subscribe here to receive text and/or email updates from the City of Newport Beach.
Weekend updates do not include text or email updates
- Voicemail: 949-718-1860
- Email staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-644-3151
REFUND DEADLINE: There is a 25% processing fee for all refunds. NO refunds after February 1st, 2021. ($25 processing fee for all returned checks). Credit card and associated fees are non refundable.
We are always looking for coaches who would be prepared to volunteer their time to take a bigger part of your son/daughter’s progression as a soccer player……..and it is much easier than you think! We help you along the way to make it as easy as possible!
The requirements to coach within the Junior Reds recreational soccer program are very simple:
Coaching Compliance Checklist:
1) Register as a volunteer within SportsEngine: https://lfciasocal.sportngin.com/register/form/344479870
2) Complete a LiveScan fingerprint background check (must be completed at a local police station using the Cal South direct referral form)
3) Create an account profile within the Cal South system and fill out a Cal South Admin Form (https://calsouth.com/join-now/)
4) Complete the US Center for SafeSport training and education online course (https://safesport.org/authentication/signin)
5) Complete an online US Soccer course (4v4, 7v7, 9v9 or 11v11 course) (https://dcc.ussoccer.com/)
6) Complete an online CDC Concussion Awareness course (https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html)
7) Attend preseason Coach Training Event (Tentatively scheduled for August 22nd)
We provide coupon codes to waive the fees for all the aforementioned prerequisites excluding the LiveScan which must be paid by the volunteer coach. If you are a returning coach who has already complied with these requirements, you only need to complete the Volunteer Registration and Cal South Admin Form each season.
LFCIA SoCal will support you as a coach with:
- A free preseason coaching clinic
- Coaching equipment (cones, bibs)
- Professional training support – coach mentoring from an LFCIA professional coach to assist with your session
- Season long practice curriculum
- Practice fields professionally set up for your practice sessions
- Paid for and scheduled referees for your games – no need to source your own refs
- Our Pro Skills Program (your players can attend and develop individual skills outside of your team practice so you don’t have to be able to teach EVERYTHING!)
- Periodic coach training events with select partners including our club Director of Coaching
Plus, all volunteer coaches who complete the Compliance Checklist will receive a $100 credit!
Coaches code of conduct:
Please read the coaches code of conduct
Additional Coaching Resources:
Here are some resources provided by Cal South, to aid in your session planning